Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday Picks

Slight modification to Thursday Picks. I won't keep track of how I did, nor will I analyze matchups I don't like. The post was getting too long.

Here we go:
Tennessee Titans +3 vs New York Jets
This game should be close and low scoring. Both teams would rather run and not pass unless forced to. I think mentally it's got to be tough for the Jets to keep up their pace and for the Titans to go 0-3. The Jets might win, but it'll be by less than 3. More likely I think Mark Sanchez has his first bad game as a pro and the Titans will pick up their first win.

Houston Texans -4 vs Jacksonville Jaguars
This Jaguars defense is going to give up big points to the Texans. It's going to be playing from behind all day, and though both teams will score a bunch, the Texans will dominate the entire game.

Detroit Lions +6.5 vs Washington Redskins
The Redskins are playing very poorly. Though the Lions aren't doing much better themselves, I think Detroit is going to be able to squeak out a win (or at least keep it close).

Indianapolis Colts +2.5 vs Arizona Cardinals
The Colts +anything and I'm taking it. I think the Colts will win this one easily. Peyton will get more help from his running game this week, be it Addai or Donald Brown.

Carolina Panthers +9 vs Dallas Cowboys
This is tricky because Tony Romo came off a rough week and should probably have extra motivation to play well. Also, the Panthers are absolutely awful when they play from behind. However, I think the Panthers will score early and run the ball into the ground. They may get beat at the end, but they will at least beat the spread.

Atlanta Falcons +4 vs New England Patriots
I probably wouldn't bet for the Falcons. Tom Brady will probably be able to pick apart the secondary, but I just have this feeling that the Patriots defense is not going to be able to stop Burner Turner. He's going to burn his way to 2 scores and 100+ yards. The only thing that keeps me from betting this one is that the Patriots might be able to outscore the Falcons.

No comments:

Post a Comment